ok guys i am creating this page for quick reference to your questions,4 SAVE AMC & OLTL PAGE i have came across many of the same ones
1.Q. WHEN DID THEY ANNOUNCE THE CANCELLATION OF AMC & OLTL…A..THURSDAY APRIL 14TH,2011
2. Q..WHY DID MY POST GET DELETED…..A. BECAUSE YOU POSTED DURING BUSINESS HOURS
3. Q..WHY ARE WE CALLING THE SAME PEOPLE AGAIN?…A.BECAUSE THEY ARE ABOUT TO CRACK!
4. Q..HOW ABOUT CALLING OPRAH FOR HELP?...A..In April, Oprah publicly addressed fans, stating that she/OWN cannot pick up the soaps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg2-AtKvQeQ
5. Q..WHY AM I NOT RECEIVING UPDATES FROM “SAVE” ANYMORE?…A… CLICK LINK, OR COPY AND PASTE TO GO TO MY NOTES PAGE FOR THIS ANSWER….. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-AMC-OLTL/196107477091969?ref=ts#!/note.php?note_id=202172786488574
6.Q. WHAT DOES HTH MEAN? A…IT MEANS TO HIT THE HAND, IN OTHER WORDS LIKE THE POST TO LET ME KNOW THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE TASK
7.Q. WHAT DOES BCC MEAN? A…IT MEANS TO BLIND CARBON COPY. UNDER THE TO: YOU WILL SEE BCC CLICK THAT AND A BLUE BOX WILL COME UP, YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE A BLOCK OF EMAILS THERE AND SEND THEM OUT ALL AT ONCE 🙂
8.Q.WHY DID ABC CHOOSE TO CANCEL AMC & OLTL? A. According to ABC, the replacement programming will cost 40% less to produce than the daytime dramas.
9.Why can’t the soaps be picked up by Soapnet? A.Disney owns both ABC and Soapnet. Disney will be taking Soapnet off the air in January of 2012 to make room for Disney Junior: http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/05/26/soapnet-will-go-dark-to-make-way-for-disney-junior/
10. Q Should the fans boycott ABC? A. An ABC boycott, with the exception of soap operas, AMC, OLTL, and GH, has been in effect since 4/14/11
11.Q.Can the fans purchase the soaps?A. It is estimated that the soaps will cost 20 million to purchase, not including production costs. If you own Disney shares/VOTE!
.Q. HOW DO I GET/USE A FREE GMAIL PHONE
a. Go to www.mail.google.comto open your new Gmail account
b. On the Create an Account page, start by filling in the following information:
our first name, Your last name, Your desired login name (be sure to click on the check availability box to ensure you get the login name you want.)
c. Select an 8 character minimum password. There is a password strength indicator that can let you know how strong your password is. This is an optional step that you can take, but it will ensure that your password would not be easy to “crack”.
d. Once you have decided on a password, you can check the “remember me on this computer” if you want Gmail to automatically insert your password once you have entered your login name. You can also check the “Enable Web History” box if you want Google to keep track of the sites that you visit most often.
e. Enter a security question from the drop down menu. Try to choose one that would not be easy for someone else to answer.
f. Type in the answer to your security question.
g. If you choose, you can type in a secondary email account that will authenticate your Gmail account if there are ever any problems or if you forget your password. This is an optional step and can be skipped over if you do not have a secondary email or do not wish to enter it.
h. Select your Country location from the drop-down menu.
i. Type in the characters that you see for the word verification.
j. Review the Google Terms of Service. If you accept the terms, click on the “I accept. Create my account” button.
The “call phone” feature is only visible if you open up the chat area while you’re in Gmail, which is I think what confuses a lot of people. on the left hand side of your screen you will see
2.Click on “call phone” this will come up , just like a phone:
3. to call just enter the # an dpress call
4. to hang up press end
5.there ya go 🙂
13. Q. I HAVE APPLE MAIL,CAN I BCC? A. YES YOU CAN ALL YOU DO IS FOLLOW THESE THREE STEPS
1.Click the “New Message” icon or open an existing message in Mail.
2.Click the customization icon. It appears to the left of the “From” field ,Select “Bcc Address Field.”
3.Copy and paste the e-mail addresses into this box, write your letter and send
13 for gmail and yahoo..
There are times when you are just writing the mail in the new hotmail web interface and one thing some people can’t find in hotmail while composing a mail is that they don’t see the cc and bcc sections below the subject of the mail.
In such cases you can simply show cc and bcc in hotmail by clicking the show Cc and Bcc link at the top right, once you start composing your mail as shown in the image above.
Once you click the link highlighted in the image above, you will see the cc and bcc fields below to: section as shown in the image below.
14 Q. HOW DO I CREATE A GROUP MAILING LIST?
A. 1. Launch the Address Book application.
2. Create a new group by clicking on the plus symbol at the bottom of the group column.
3. Enter a name for the new group and press return. When you create the new group, Address Book gives it the name “untitled group.” Because that is not an informative name, Address Book highlights it so you can just start typing to rename the group. When you press return to complete the renaming process, the new group remains selected so you can start adding new contacts to the list.
4. Create new contacts for the group mailing list by clicking on the plus symbol at the bottom of the name column and entering the contact details. Repeat for each contact you want to add to the group mailing list.
5. Add existing contacts to the group mailing list by clicking “All” in the group column. Drag existing contacts from the name column and drop them on top of the new mailing list in the group column.
15.HOW DO I DOWNLOAD FLASH STREAMING VIDEOS
Most people believe that online streaming video can only be viewed when they are connected to the Internet, but it is possible to save streaming video for later viewing off-line. The process is very simple and does not require much computer knowledge at all nor even additional programs to be downloaded. Whether you know it or not, your computer’s operating systemsaves these videos automatically—you just have to find them and save them before they get deleted.
1.Open a Web browser window for the Internet. Go to the top toolbar and select “Tools.” Scroll through the list of options and select “Internet Options.”
2.Select the “Delete Cookies” button, and then select the “Delete Files” button. The deleting process can take time, so be patient. After the files and cookies have been deleted, exit the window.
3.Visit the Web site that has the streaming video you wish to download. Watch the video from start to finish, or only the parts you wish to save.
4.Press the “Start” button located at the bottom left of your computer screen. Select “Control Panel” and then “Internet Options.” Click “Settings,” and then the “View Files” button from the next windows.
5.Scroll through the list of saved files and right-click your mouse and select “Copy” on the video file you just watched. This will be one of the first files in the list, and it should have the largest file size. Go to your computer’s desktop and right-click and select “Paste.” This will save the video file to your computer.Read more: How to Download Flash Streaming Videos | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5031494_download-flash-streaming-videos.html#ixzz1SegY6rnd
16. HOW DO I STREAM INTERNET TV TO A TELEVISION SET?
With more TV available online, people are choosing to ditch their cable subscriptions and watch TV via the internet. However, if you don’t want to be stuck at your computer, there are ways to stream internet TV content directly onto your TV screen. You can connect to the internet using one of the many boxes, Blu-ray players and gaming systems currently available. Or you can connect your computer directly to the TV. This is easiest if your computer has an HDMI connection. You can also use a VGA or S-Video connection or a DVI to HDMI adapter with an HDMI cable.
1.Get high speed Internet service. According to Popular Mechanics, you’ll need a connection which is at least 1.5MB per second in order to easily stream Internet content.
1.Follow steps one and two as above.
2.Check the connections on your computerand your TV. Newer laptops have an HDMI connection while other laptops and computers may have an S-Video connection, a VGA connection or a DVI connection.
4.Change the display settings on your computer so that your computer can detect your TV. For instance, if you’re using windows, you can go to the display setting on the control panel to select multiple monitors. It will allow you to display the image on both your computer and TV, or just on the TV screen.