Let’s Go Full Circle
Posted February 19, 2014on:
In 1995 soap fans had their soaps yanked away as all eyes turned to the OJ Simpson trial.
Once the trial was over the soaps didn’t return to their previous dominating numbers and
networks had learned that people would watch inexpensively made reality television.
This started the reduction of the soap genre.
Well now it’s time to reach out to Court TV and urge them to cover the PP/ABC court case.
This would give our shows quite a bit of publicity along with shining a light on this issue to
help prevent either side from shying away from commitments/statements that they make in that courtroom.
When sending your email(s) please include some of the following:
1. The fact that soap fans are following this court case currently through social and soap media.
Court TV is just missing out on an opportunity that already has a dedicated audience.
2. This is being covered currently in articles such as
3. Fans are weighing in everywhere including
4. Fans find the website created about the presiding judge to add even more soapy drama (http://judgeroberthess.com/).
5. The OJ Simpson trial started the decline of the soap genre. Coverage of this court case could help swing it the other way.
This is historic.
6. Add in some fun commentary/interviews with cast members of “All My Children” and “One Life to Live”
that played attorneys on the show could provide humor and entertainment.
Nancy Grace Attorney/Tv
Anthony Horn Senior Vice President, Current Programming and Specials